One month from today, more than a thousand people from across the state of Minnesota and neighboring states will come together in the Twin Cities area to champion for one cause: promoting research and awareness of celiac disease during the Walk/Run for Celiac Disease event.
Making Tracks for Celiacs Event
This is our 11th year putting on this event here, which includes a 5K run, 2 mile walk and a great Gluten Free Food Expo. I have been involved every year since its inception and it truly gets bigger and better each year.
Our vendor area is full– actually bursting at the seams with more than 30 — this year with great gluten free food from both local and national companies. Plus, we also have our very popular kids’ games area. What people tell us is that this is the best place to check out new foods, have fun, raise awareness and feel like your family can eat in a safe, gluten-free environment.
- Registration/5K packet pick-up for Walk/Run opens at 7:45 a.m.
- Run starts at 8:55 a.m.
- Walk starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Gluten Free Food Expo 9:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
*Free entry to the expo with a $5 donation ($20 cap for families)
Location: Holy Family Catholic High School
Victoria, MN (directions & map)
Money raised goes to the University of Maryland Baltimore’s Center for Celiac Research. Our local Twin Cities ROCK chapter can keep up to 25% for event costs and local educational opportunities.
How You Can Help Raise Awareness for Celiac Disease
There are many things you can do to help with the celiac cause:
- Request/collect donations for the event. You can use this pledge form to keep track of cash or check donations or you can direct them to the registration/donation page on the website
- Invite friends, family, co-workers to come — even if they don’t have celiac disease. Maybe they want to support you or maybe they want to come run a 5K that morning.
- Volunteer for the event! Volunteers get free entry to the Gluten Free Food Expo as well! We need help with set-up, tear-down and everything in between! Contact us through our walk website for more information.
- If you own or are in contact with a company that would like to donate samples of gluten free food, please contact us as well.
We are grateful for whatever you decide. We look forward to seeing you on May 19th. Don’t miss this great event!